Zuster Young

Zuster Young
Zuster is Dutch for "sister", which is a title used for female missionaries.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Once a Marine, Always a Marine

Hoi iederen! I hope everyone had a great week. This last week just flew by so quickly, its like it didn't even happen. But it was still a very great week. We got transfer calls last night... the verdict is: I'm staying in Antwerp another transfer! My new companion is Zr. Thomas (Zr. Faa's trainer!) I can not wait to meet her on Wednesday and start a new transfer. I have a good feeling about it. Surely going to miss Zr. Jones, but it's time, it is funny how the Lord kind of prepares you for these changes and lets you know in a way that you will be taken care of. So with that said, I'm excited! We had Zone Conference and it was phenomenal! We had a Sisters break out session and oh my goodness, I just love Zr. Robinson. She is so in tune with the spirit and just knew what I, what we all needed. It was a beautiful experience, and a confidence booster. These last couple weeks I've been brought to humility and to my knees on prayer to depend on the Lord. Know that I NEED him to do this, I have to KNOW him. So I've been trying to become the person and missionary the Lord has in store for me, he knows I can become. Its been hard, but I am making my way and already seeing some little changes. I think with this new start next transfer I will really grow. SO here in Belgium there have been a few t.v. programs about us missionaries here in Belgium. You should try and look them up! 1st: Iedereen Beroemd 2nd: Ja Jan 3rd: Fans of Flanders Try on YouTube... not sure if you can find them. But they are amazing and have been an awesome tool in our missionary work. We knock doors and they know us because they saw missionaries on t.v. But so we watched those, and then we watched Meet the Mormons. It was incredible, the spirit was so strong. I am a member of de Kerk van Jezuz Christus van de Heilige der Laaste Dagen. I am a missionary, apart of this missionary effort, trying to share the gospel with everyone. The Lord is finding ways to bring about His work and salvation that it is reached to all his children. I encourage you all to find little ways you can share what you believe with others, be an example. Be ARE watching and they notice the Light of Christ. Next, we went to Flanders Field Museum this last week. What an incredible and chilling experience. Unfortunately, we could not go to the trenches or cemeteries, we don't a car to get us there. Missionary problems and just on foot. The museum however, was the best museum i have ever been to. Thank you mom for the poem you send, took on such a whole new meaning. It was incredible to see pictures and videos of the First World War, here in Belgium. Places that I have walked the streets. To see what it was like. To hear music and poems and things written about the life of a solider. The rivalry between Tom and Jerry. The War came to live. Seeing maps, uniforms, bomb shells, bullets, grenades, tools, just to see it all was incredible. They have preserved it all so very well. The Christmas Truce, brought me to tears, as the videos and reenactments showed that cold night when all sides came together in singing and sharing their most precious things, oranges and tobacco. My favorite part was at the end, you typed in your last name and it had a list of all those who died and where they were from and their burial site. It was a somber and humbling experience. Just made me think of the many men and women in my own family who have been members of the military for generations. I have always been proud of my military heritage. I am the Daughter of a United States Marine. Once a Marine, Always a Marine. I am seeing the wars from a completely different perspective, and i cant imagine what it was really like. But I am thankful for the men and women who sacrificed their lives, stepping up to the call of duty and defending their nation, their family and freedom. I will never forget what I felt. Never forget where you come from. OOH RAH! I love you all. And I miss you all dearly. The Lord is working with us and he has a plan. His plan is perfect and his plan for me, and for you is perfect. Trust Him and work with Him. I pray you are happy and healthy. Have a beautiful week! Liefde, Zuster Young Flanders Field Museum, Ypres, Belgium
Eating African Food... And Cute old Zr. Nuijens who we visit every friday!
Zone Conference with Elder Lovin..... And then Zr. Jones and I eating dinner and this is what our lives have come to. We are people wathcing and commentating their situation and what they are doing. lets be honest I've always done that!
Of course, at my favorite place, The Schiltz home for Sunday dinner. and Me just doodling away like usual. Photo creds to Elder Childs.
**Here are links to some of the videos she referenced and a link to the Flanders Field Museum https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1567734370123253&fref=nf Ja Jan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNvZfWFb7hA&sns=fb Flanders Field Museum http://www.inflandersfields.be/en

No comments:

Post a Comment