Zuster Young

Zuster Young
Zuster is Dutch for "sister", which is a title used for female missionaries.

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Coming to the end of Transfer 2

Goede Morgen iedren! (: I hope everyone had a wonderful week! Over here in the great big world of Belgium it's been pretty crazy. I am learning a lot and trying really hard to give this my all and just simply do the work. So Agnes was confirmed on Sunday! We went to visit her on Saturday and oh my lanta... the gospel changes and blesses lives. Ever since her baptism last week she has just glowed and is always smiling. Agnes told us all about her week and how she feels like a new person, work is much better and the people there have noticed something different about her. She is already a missionary and talking to everyone. We gave her a nice leather triple scripture set and she LOVES it! She has been reading in the scriptures more than ever and she also read some of the BvM to us in her native language Twi. It was beautiful. That is just an amazing testament that the gospel blesses people and works them as they strive to be diligent and follow Christ. Douglas- He was another investigator and has been really finicky.. Saturday we had a lesson with him and the Zone Leaders came with us. We did the Restoration lesson again and I noticed he was just sitting there, not really into it. At the end I shared a scripture, (President has asked us to come up with a list of 10 scriptures, our personal artillery, that has helped us and be able to us in a situation and bear personal strong testimony). I shared my scripture and bore testimony. It was pretty intense, I just told him that he has to open the book and actually read it. And then asked if he believes God will answer him if he prayed. He said yes, and then I said "Douglas, I know that if your are sincere and truly want to know, and sincerely ask God he will answer you RIGHT NOW. So we are going to get on our knees right now and YOU are going to ask God." And all us missionaries got on our knees and he was taken back but he followed. I kept thinking oh my lanta where did that come from? He said a prayer, and we knelt in silence then Elder Lyman said a prayer. We knelt in silence. I can not describe how strong the spirit was. There was no denying that the Spirit testifies of truth and he was there with us. When we asked Douglas how he felt, he said nothing special. My heart broke... he didn't feel anything. So we invited him to read and try again. Not sure what will happen but I hope he comes to find it. This last week was really hard in the sense that I was hit with a brick of I don't know what I'm doing. Being the Sister Training Leader's company is hard work. Sister Jones said, "Even though I was called and set apart as a the STL, you too are one, you're my companion. You do the dirty work just as much as I do and I wouldn't not be able to do this without you." This is hard. We are dealing with investigators and missionaries who are struggling, have serious problems and concerns. I have no idea why of all the missionaries and people I'm the one here and being the one in the middle of it. I want so badly to help these people, I feel Heavenly Fathers love for them. But I just have no idea what to say or how to help. So I've been learning to become dependent on the Lord 100%. No one knows better than he does. He is our Heavenly Father, he loves us. He knows how to help us. And that alone brings me great comfort. Thank you everyone for your love and support. I pray for you and know the Lord is watching over you. Stay close to the Savior. I know he lives. Have a beautiful Week! -- Zuster Young P.S. Sorry for the P-day switch this week..... and transfer calls are this Sunday. Gotta feeling something is gonna happen!
Working with the Zone Leaders led to Bus stop selfies.
Ward Correlation and Sister Jones' Birthday (I made the cake!)
Zone P-day. We did an indoor soccer tournament and our district was the Black Parade! We just killed! Oh it was great to be goalie and yelling and diving all over the place!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting all the pics! I love them.
    --Alicia Riley (Zuster Riley's mom)

    ReplyDelete