Zuster Young

Zuster Young
Zuster is Dutch for "sister", which is a title used for female missionaries.

Monday, February 2, 2015

There is a HERO within all of us

Not a whole lot to share this week, the first half of the week we spent at the church planning and preparing for Zone Training. The theme was superheros and it went really good! I drew a superhero to represent all the points we wanted to talk about and that turned into a handout we printed and got laminated for everyone in the zone. Since I'm the companion of the Sister Training Leader I don't have to speak or really do anything for Zone Training, so I just did all the behind the scenes creative thinking and artsy fartsy things. haha It was so much fun and we just had so much fun planning it. It was a success! So biggest thing to happen this week was our lesson with Lynn. We had exchanges so Sister Jones was in Turnhout. So I took on Antwerpen once again with Sister Riley. The lesson was Lynn was incredible. Got to her house and we talked about soccer for a little bit and then got right into the lesson. I asked her about her reading in the Book of Mormon and also she has been going to Institute. She is so far in the Book of Mormon and her studies are just remarkable. The lesson on the Gospel of Jesus Christ: Faith, Repentance, Baptism, The Gift of the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the End. We had a good discussion going and when I got to repentance it was the basics, right from PMG and mid sentence I froze and stopped talking. A thought came to mind to share a personal experience, but I didn't want to. I sat and played with my CTR ring and thought for a second debating what to do and say. But I followed the prompting and opened up to her and just shared my experience. I talked about repentance, the atonement and baptism. A power that I have never felt before came and I just spoke. I literally felt power as I spoke to her. I told her that we don't know what her "big question or struggle" is but we pray for her, and think about her all the time, and are here for her to do everything we can to help her. By this point she was crying. We sat in silence for a a bit while, I knew I just needed to let her sit for bit. Finally she got to a point where she opened up to us. B/c I trusted her, she trusted me and was very open. We now know the issue and we will work with her. There was a power that I can't describe and I just bore testimony and said all the the spirit told me to say. She was crying and I was so surprised that I wasn't crying... cause if you know me I'm a crier. Oh man the spirit was so strong. I felt Heavenly Father's love for her, and there is something big planned for her, he is working hard on her and I just know she has the power to overcome this. I love Lynn and I will do everything I can in my power to help her. Another thing, walking home from Agnes (which by the way is super prepared and ready for her baptism in 2 weeks) there was a man standing by a bus stop and I stopped to contact him. He is a journalist originally from Iraq. We have an appointment with him this week. He was very positive and said that he is confused and lost and wants to find the right path. He is a 45 year old and feels like he should know. Gave him a card and later that day he texted us and said he looked up the website and has so many questions! Exciting stuff being a missionary. I love being here the work is moving forward. The Lord with working with us and helping us. "Missionary work is not easy, because Salvation was never easy." -Jeffery R Holland I am paying a small price, walking a little of the path that the Savior walked to help move this work forward. I love you all and miss you. Hope you have a great week! Tot Maandag, Zuster Young

No comments:

Post a Comment