Zuster Young

Zuster Young
Zuster is Dutch for "sister", which is a title used for female missionaries.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

This week has been an extremely long week...a hard one at that. After this week I just wanted to curl up on the couch and eat a thing of Ben & Jerry's ice cream! 1st: 3 FLAT TIRES IN ONE WEEK! I am not even joking. Three different incidents this week with a flat tire, each one of them for a different reason. I'm not sure about the first one, the second one was a side puncture I can't explain, and the third was a nail yesterday leaving church. I don't understand why it keeps happening. I watch the ground and try to avoid things.I just dont have an answer. Quite frustrating. 2nd: Positive! Lynn is still on fire and is almost done reading the BvM. She came to institute on Friday and just loved it! The JoVos are really awesome and making her feel welcomed. She sat in class and answered questions and making connections to the BvM like she has been a member for years! I was impressed and just so glad we found her. 3rd: We went to look up an inactive member the other night and what a cool experience. His name is Kelvin and he has moved to England for school. He actually wasn't supposed to be home that day, but he missed his train and the address we had was his parents' house. So since he missed the train he was there. His mother let us in and he was so surprised to see us, very happy though that we remembered him and came to look him up. He is active in England but this ward just still has him on their records. (This ward is crazy so I'm not surprised). Well his mom and sister were there and they are not members and we talked and shared a spiritual message. We talked about the Atonement and how Christ is always there for us. Kelvin shared his feelings and said what we shared was what he needed because they were thigns he was struggling with himself, and he thanked us for coming and sharing that. We gave his sister a BvM also! Definitely not a coincidence! 4th: This week was more of a personal struggle for me. Was a rollercoaster of a week with things with investigators, church commitments and leadership obligations, hours of door knocking in the cold (Oh it snowed again!) and then myself. My biggest battle this week was against myself. You come out here and are on the Lord's errand. Working so hard. Doing everything you can and working so close to the Lord. But then the adversary likes to step in and cause a storm. And that is what he did. He was finding tactics to get in my head, cause me to be distracted and disappointed in people\things. I want more than anything to have my whole being in this work, my heart, might, mind and strength. This week I wrote out all my fears, things I want to change and let go of, did a 100% honest self evaluation. My personal studies were focused on how to align my will with the Lord's, overcoming fears and bettering myself as a missionary and daughter of God. One of the most beautiful weeks of studying I've had. I saw answers to my prayers and through a blessing yesterday from Elder Lyman, I heard from the Lord himself. I love reading conference talks and articles in church magazines, because they always go with what I studied in the scriptures and I find comfort and answers. I'm also thankful for an amazing companion who I feel comfortable and confident enough to actually open up to her and just talk about things. I am so thankful to be here on a mission and serving the Lord. Everything I am is in the work of salvation. I am doing everything I can to better myself so I can find those who are searching. I want the Savior to say to me: "Morgan, I recognize you not by your title but by your life, the way you are trying to live and the standards you are trying to defend. I see the integrity of your heart. I know you have tried to make things better first and foremost by being better yourself and then by declaring my word and defending my gospel to others in the most compassionate way you could. I know you weren't always successful with your own sins and with circumstances of others, but I believe you honestly tried. I believe in your heart you truly loved me." I love my Savior with all my heart. I am doing everything in my power to be his disciple and serve him fervently. I hope and pray we all have the same desire to follow the example of Jesus Christ. Just turn to him in prayer, he is always listening. He is waiting for us to lean on him and he will support us. I love you all so very much! Hope you all have a wonderful week! Love, Zuster Young

No comments:

Post a Comment