Zuster Young

Zuster Young
Zuster is Dutch for "sister", which is a title used for female missionaries.

Monday, January 5, 2015

Well not too much to say this week... but I can't believe that it is already 2015! So for New Year's Eve we had to be back in our apartments by 4pm because it gets really crazy here and we are not allowed to be out and about past then. So Sister Jones and I bought some food and we had a feast of champions...homemade pizzas, cookie dough, candy and goldfish! haha WE BUILT A FORT!!! And watched all the church movies we own. I know a killer New Years Party!! Hope everyone had a great New Year! Shoutout to the Sparrows...Thank you for the beautiful christmas card! Went on two exchanges this week to Lokeren and then Turnhout, Belgium. Beautfiul little towns! It was fun to go and see other places and teach lessons there. We were teaching a gentleman who is a trainer for Turnhout's Men's soccer team. He gave me the u21 Women's Coach's number and told me to call then so I could play with them. Getting soccer referrals... it was awesome!! Anywho...This last week we taught a ton of lessons. It's been really hard lately, we are continually rejected. So we do a ton of finding and spend hours knocking doors and street contacting. I just know and have this feeling that there is someone we are looking for. So can't lose hope. Taught a lesson on New Years Day and Elder Lyman just turned to me asked me to bear my testimony and talk about the Book of Mormon, just handed the lesson over to me and I wasn't nervous at first and the words just came out. There wasn't a single word I didn't know in Dutch and the spirit was so strong. Such an amazing moment. But this last week was good... We taught about 6 lessons, biked in the pouring rain all day Saturday (1 hour to Ekeren and then an hour back). It has been exhausting this week biking so much. I think it is finally catching up to me, my legs are feeling pretty heavy! Anyway, Agnes is still set for her baptismal date in two weeks!! And we had an appointment with Lieve yesterday, she contacted us, and now after our lesson yesterday SHE HAS A BAPTISMAL DATE!! She is so prepared it is incredible. Can't wait to see her move forward!! It's been a long hard week. But I have enjoyed it and am so happy to be here. The Lord continually keeps showing me that this is where I need to be and picking me up. Finally got to play soccer today!! Oh it felt good and was a blast! Hope all is well! Sorry this is a crazy weird e-mail and just all over the place. I miss everyone and love you all dearly! Happy New Years! Love, Zuster Young

1 comment:

  1. Hi! My daughter is serving in Turnhout and she mentioned your daughter in her email this week:
    http://zusterelizariley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete