Zuster Young

Zuster Young
Zuster is Dutch for "sister", which is a title used for female missionaries.

Monday, March 23, 2015

Tender Mercies

Good morning! Oh boy I don't know where to even begin... this last week was full of great things, so I will try my best to get everything in here. Mandag: Started the week off with Zone P-day ad went to a park, set up our own field and played soccer. I can not even begin to describe how much fun it was... I walked away covered in dirt, legs scratched up, and covered in grass. Just like a regular day at practice. It was a much needed break and escape. I was Mo, in the goal just diving and sliding, yelling and in my own world. It was really great to just escape for a few hours. After soccer we had a lesson with Lynn. It was a great lesson. Last Friday she texted us and asked about the commandments and forgiveness. We studied like crazy that weekend to prepare for this lesson. How to answer it for HER and not a PMG response. It was like I was writing an essay with all my research and notes that I had prepared. So with the lesson, we answered her question and told her all of what we gathered for her. Then she did the talking. And at the beginning she was hesitant that she could go forward but by the end she had her answer. Lynn now has to choose. It was amazing to see the spirit just working in and with her; that she was changing in the lesson and coming to know for herself. I love Lynn. It is crazy how much you come to love these people. But what I find remarkable, is while I was studying for her, I had a pretty cool experience. Lynn is part of the reason why I am here in Antwerpen. For the both of us. As I've come to study and devote time to helping her, I've found answers dealing with my own struggles and to forgive myself for things in the past. TO feel God's love for her and do anything and everything I can to help her. She has helped me in so many ways. I can see God working in the details of her life... despite all her struggles and the battle she is going through. That God truly loves every single one of us. No matter what we have done, He is always there. He doesn't distance himself from us because of our choices, we distance ourselves. For people who are striving to change, to come closer to Heavenly Father, he is there every step of the way. If we allow Him to be. Dinsdag: Zr. Thomas got sick this day so we stayed home all day. Was a good day to clean and relax and I spent the day studying Brigham Young. Random yes, but I remembered an experience I had about a year ago at the Salt Lake Temple where I was encouraged to learn more about him. And I found a copy of the manual, Teachings of Brigham Young. What a cool experience I had, as I sat and studied. Learning of him and the man He was. He was such a missionary. My name tag says two names. "Jezus Christus" and "Young". Two of the greatest missionaries in history. SO now, am I doing everything I can to represent them well and bring good to their name? Woensdag: KILLER DAY! Dropped 2 RAD's, 1 other given lesson, 1 less active lesson, and gave away 2 Boek van Mormon. Just getting the work done! It was amazing to just see the Lord doing His work and us be the medium. Dinsdag: So this day was pretty crazy! Had a few lessons and then a dinner appointment. Just going about doing missionary work but then I owed the elders ice cream... another long story... but there is a McDonald's just around the corner from the church which was close to our dinner appointment. Since the elders were with us at dinner, afterwards we went to McDonald's and we got McFlurry's. Well while waiting.... I GOT KISSED! On the cheek... by a former, creepy investigator. It all happened so quick, I turned and he recognized me and BAM was right there. AWKWARD! Oh it was awful.. I walked away and Elder Muller is just laughing. ugh.. Vrijdag: Spent the night in Zoetermeer with Zr. Faa!! WE were up till 2 am talking and just laughing. Goodness I miss that crazy girl! Zaterdag: Sisters Conference at the Mission Home. Now that was an incredible experience. All the sisters in the mission were together, got to see Zr. Jones, and then my companions from the MTC. Such a spiritual and emotional roller coaster. I really enjoyed it, and learned a lot. Things I really needed to hear and just be strengthened. Missionary work is hard, and I'll be honest just struggling with confidence and confidence in my language. But at the conference I received some answers and I just need to work with Heavenly Father. Depend on him and he will can mold me and help me get to the missionary I came out here to be. To reach my fullest potential that he has in store for me. And I'm getting there. SO thankful for President and his wife! Just a great day! Also threw the football with our AP Elder Bosco! SO fun.... but my throw has gotten a little off. haha Zondag: Church was great. My favorite part of Zondag is dinner every week with the Schiltz. Best food ever, and as soon as I sit on the couch next to her she turns to me, "ahh Sister Young... how about some soccer?" and she puts a game on. Oh my lanta it was a great game!! haha But by the end of the night their home always truly feels like a temple and the spirit is strong, and I just never want to leave. I am so thankful for this week, there were a lot of tender mercies and miracles from the Lord. There is no place I'd rather be. I love you all and miss you. Have a great week! -- Zuster Young Waffles with my beautiful companion!
My bag broke... used an old one... it broke... but I fixed my first bag!
**This was in a separate email from Morgan... "Also, I got an application to Date a returned missionary in the mail... from a kid who is in Iceland from the MTC. oh my goodness. haha"

No comments:

Post a Comment