Zuster Young

Zuster Young
Zuster is Dutch for "sister", which is a title used for female missionaries.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Power of Blessing and Modern Medicine

Been a long week over here in Antwerpen. Started out with a beautiful and last Hooray P-day in Antwerpen with Zr. Jones but I got sick with a cold and fever. Had District Meeting on Tuesday in Sint Niklaas, still sick but functioning. Transfers the next day and I felt awful so I got a blessing from Elder Childs and Elder Reynolds. It was very special and exactly what I needed to hear. Was very nervous for transfers, taking over the city and a new companion. I'm no longer a greenie! Woohoo!! Trasnfer day was crazy business. I didn't have to do anything but it was still crazy. Got to the station at 10am and put Zr. Jones on a train and watched it go. Like a cheesy movie, but seriously it was rough. Anywho, sat at the station with the other missionaries in out zone until 2:15pm unyil the new companions arrived. Zr. Thomas is here! She is awesome, from Minnesota, also plays soccer and is musically talented. I am very excited to be working with her and feel like I am going to learn a lot from her. Already getting work done! Have had some incredible experiences. We received 4 referrals in the last 3 days. Went to Groenplaats to teach Hamode (the journalist) and he brought a friend with him. We sat on a bench nad it was funny, Zr. Thomas taught his friend and dropped a RAD. (RAD's are a restoration and doopdatum, an invite to be baptized on the first lesson) Then I taught Hamode the Plan of Salvation. Two lessons in one sitting and both very very positive! Taught a Muslim family and learned a lot. I love that as a missionary I can talk to so many different people, learn and share. Some people are firm in their faith, others are searching for something and others simply reject us. What I love is that, yes new investigators and baptisms are a goal, that is not our purpose. We invite others to come to know for themselves, open the door for them, and its interesting to see them start to think and for that time being we have brought them closer to Christ. The feeling I have after these kind of appointments is incredible...feel like to some degree I've fulfilled my purpose. We looked up a referral and holy cow... PREPARED! We dropped a RAD and she is so positive. She has studied and read LDS.org and she pretty much gave the lesson. Her friend was there, and every question she had Nathlie answered it and taught her the Law of Chastity right there. Just an incredible experience. Then on Sunday, this tiny little asain walked into the church and sat by me. She told me that she is an investigator, been taught by other missionaries but just moved to Antwerpen last Monday. She looked up the church and showed up herself. Now have an appointment with her this week! Wow. What a week. So thankful to still be here in Antwerpen and still nervous about it, but ready to get to work. I'm feeling myself change and that's all thanks to the Lord. Depending on Him has helped me to do all this. I love missionary work and being able to do this. I know God has a plan, just turn to Him and he will show the way. I love you all and hope you have a great week! Zuster Young

No comments:

Post a Comment