Zuster Young

Zuster Young
Zuster is Dutch for "sister", which is a title used for female missionaries.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

For the Love the Game

Goed morgen iederen! I hope y'all are doing good. This has been a simple week for me over here in. I got sick again and spent a good portion of the week at the apartment, but don't worry all is good and I'm alive and kicking it. So a couple funny things to happen this week: 1-Tuesday Night...I ate horse for dinner...I will be honest it was good but it was also sad because well I just kept thinking about it. 2-Also on Tuesday... I debated about sharing this, but I walked into a sign! haha I was on exchanges in Lokeren and Zr. Jones kept talking and I was just walking and listening not really paying attention, my head was down and then BAM! There was a sign. Oh my lanta it was the funniest thing ever, I couldn't stop laughing and Zr. Jones was all freaking out asking if I was okay and I was just laughing. Wish it was caught on film! 3- I don't know how this keeps happening but Zr. Thomas and I have been asked to join the ward choir group thing for the Easter Program. So now we have practices for singing. I know its because she can sing and so don't make the companion feel left out. haha I just think its funny I keep getting roped into singing things This week we had Zone Training and it was absolutely incredible. The focus was on receiving the Holy Ghost and becoming the Lord's friend. Just from beginning to end the spirit was strong and powerful. I learned so much and I just needed what was taught and more importantly felt there. Elder Warner, a District Leader from Genk gave one of the breakout classes and man that just got to me and I was in tears. The biggest thing I learned and was reminded of was that I am a Child of God...still am...always will be. I'm not perfect but I'm doing my best. He sees me and notices my efforts. There are things that I bring to the table, reasons why i am needed here. The Zone leaders asked me to bear my testimony at the end, right before President and Zr. Robinson gave their testimonies. Holy nerve racking! Thursday was the day that I was absolutely miserable and had a fever and now nervous to stand and bear my testimony. Well I got up there and I didn't feel sick anymore. I wasn't nervous. I just spoke from the heart. The spirit took over. Afterwards Zr. Robinson came up and gave me a big old hug and said in my hear: "You ARE enough. You ARE doing enough. You are here for a grand and marvelous reason, and will accomplish something great. I know what that is, but you need to find it for yourself. I only wish I was going to be here to see it happen." Oh man... I started crying... I again was hit with the spirit. It's been interesting because I want so badly to go out and get the work done. Go accomplish something. Yet, so far this transfer I have just been reserved to my humble abode. And as much as I want to go out, I am thankful that I have been given this time to honestly "fix me". I was struggling with my own confidence and knowing if can even make a difference out here. But there are things I need to learn that I wouldn't have learned if I was out knocking doors and such. The Lord has given me this time to realize that I am here for a reason, I can't do this alone. I need His strength and his support... it is HIS work. And I can't be an effective instrument if I am personally and physically not 100%. So with that, I've been studying alot and trying to build my confidence. I miss soccer! But I had this little mini revelation one morning during studies: The confidence I have in sports and on the field is no different. As I stand in the goal faced with a corner kick, a penalty shot, or just simply a shot...I'm on the line...it's up to me....and I'm ready. That feeling of panic/nerves builds up but I am excited and know that I can do it. That thrill that comes...absolutely no difference. Now I'm just on a different playing field. I experience all the same feelings when we knock a door, go into a lesson, or stop someone on the street. If I miss the shot...they reject us, or I make a mistake with Dutch... I get up and keep playing. So everyday when I put on my boots, I am putting on my cleats. When I put on my name tag, I am wearing my jersey. I walk out the door, I step on the field. I am on the Lord's team. I will give it my all. 100%. No regrets. Leave it all on the field. Remember why I fell in love with the game. With the gospel. Never stop playing the game. I know I am doing my best.... I will continue to do my best. Just playing a different game now. I hope you all are doing good, I pray for you every day. Hope to hear from y'all soon. Happy Easter! -- Zuster Young

No comments:

Post a Comment