Zuster Young

Zuster Young
Zuster is Dutch for "sister", which is a title used for female missionaries.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

On a Train

Ah the good people of whom I call family and friends.. How is it? Needless to say I am a bit tired and thus weird comments come out. I hope you all had a fantastic week, enjoyed the Super Bowl and ate some good american food. Mexican food... Steaks... little things you just didn't quite realize you would miss. Finger foods! Everything is eaten with a fork and knife... Anywho, I can not complain because this place has got some delicious bread, cheese, and pastries! Okay you wanna know about this week... not a ton happened. The work is slowing down a bit here in Lelystad. No worries, every city goes through that cycle. We have had daily contact with Charlie!! It is crazy how much your heart grows for people while on a mission. This girl is so good. We have been working with her to build her testimony again... which she never lost. Charlie truly has a desire to serve a mission, now a lot of work needs to be done in order for that to happen. But if you have desires to serve god, you are called to the work and a way will be provided. We gave her a personal copy of PMG and she loved it! Saturday she came with us to an appointment with another less active. Home girl took over the show! It was so great, asking questions, pulling out the scriptures and leading the discussion. Atta girl!! We also went through the market in the centrum and I tried Kibbling for the first time.. it is some famous fried fish food, popular Nederlands eten. Well so many of my companions have talked about how good it is. We got some so I could try it. The first one was good, but then I could have gone without eating the rest. It gave me a pretty nasty after affect... Just look below! We were on our way home from MLC on Friday. We got on a train in Den Haag, it was very packed. Jensen and I were talking to each other in hard core NederEngles. There were two guys sitting on the opposite side. They over heard us, and asked if we were British. That is usually the guess. But nope... 'Murica! Anywho this led to a discussion with them, Zoer is actually Dutch but was speaking english with the asain he was sitting with. Zoer continued to ask us all sorts of questions. We ended up teaching at least two points from each PMG lesson. For the next hour we talked and answered his questions. You could see other people on the train listening in, twisting and turning their heads, trying to be sly but I saw you! At one moment the Asian got off. We told Zoer we could speak Nederlands... the look on his face, and the others around us. Priceless! We talked in Nederlands the rest of the ride. We exchanged numbers and will refer him to the Elders te Emmen. It was a very positive conversation, and the spirit was strong on that train. Those moments of realizing you stand out from the world. (: I have been getting us lost all over the place... and Lelystad is so tiny!! But I just get so turned around! Also it has been incredibly windy. You have to use all your might to bike, and to stay on your bike! It is nice though, it is spring weather so not really much of a winter this year. Knock on wood. Favorite quote of the week from my District Leader: "The question is... what can't Sister Young do?!" I was also told that I have a Belgian accent! YES!! Okay, I know this is super short... I apologize for that. Just know that I am doing my absolute best out here. I am striving everyday to serve the Lord and Heavenly Fathers children. I hope and pray you all are safe and happy! Tot de volgende week! "It is our duty to be better today than we were yesterday, and better tomorrow that we are today." Joseph Fielding Smith -- Zuster Young This is Charlie...

No comments:

Post a Comment