Zuster Young

Zuster Young
Zuster is Dutch for "sister", which is a title used for female missionaries.

Monday, February 1, 2016

Mac&Cheese and Cola

Who would have thought that Kraft Mac&Cheese and a Coca-cola would be such a comfort food. We found packets of the Kraft cheese and then made our own lunch and I had saved a soda... oh man, it was a piece of home and heaven! Well, we had a good week. Transfers went smoothly... as smoothly as a transfer day can get. I just love the rush of throwing bikes and suitcases onto a train! Then a huge gathering of missionaries in the middle of the station, people walking by with the strangest looks on their faces. Got to see some good friends go home and see a ton of new missionaries! My new companion, Sister Jensen, is wonderful. She hails from Portland, Oregon. This is her last six weeks in the land. Crazy huh! Two kills in a row. Next it will be me... weird thought. She is incredibly sweet and humble. Very understanding and funny. That quiet funny, you have to listen to catch her witty remarks! Charlie has called me the Batman of Lelystad and Sister Jensen is my Robin. This week we spent a ton of time with Charlie. I don't remember if I have talked about her, she is a less active we are actively working with. We have contact with her everyday! Charlie was baptized last summer, and due to a serious of events she has not been coming to church. She just turned 19... mission age! Two weeks ago she came with us to our District Meeting and watched the Worldwide Missionary Broadcast. She absolutely loved it. We met with her the next day and she told us that she wants to serve a mission!!! We met up several days this week and we have been working with her to clear things up, answer all her questions and going through the lessons. Pretty much doing mission prep and helping her get back to church. Which she came with us yesterday. Ya know, it never really clicked how hard it would be for someone to come back to church. There are so many emotions and factors that play into it. You gotta be sensitive to that, but with the guidance of the spirit you can know what to say and how to help them. Stapjes voor stapjes. I am so proud of her for coming. I love Charlie so much. This girl has become my top priority here in Lelystad. We have been able to click so fast and the spirit has whispered in my ear that she is the reason I am in the Lelystad. Well part of it. Charlie reminds me a lot of my sister Madison, so it is great to see her so much! Charlie calls me her "soul missionary". Kinda funny, but incredible to see how the Lord works, with his timing and he truly has a purpose for each of us. So I would ask you for prayers for Charlie, this girl is incredible. Has a lot of struggles and obstacles, but she will make a wonderful missionary one day. Well my friends, I don't have much more to say. Thank you for all the love and support. I am so thankful to be a missionary and here in Nederland. This is a hard country, but nevertheless the work moves forward. Never give up on the Lord. Continue to trust in him. He knows you. I love y'all and wish you a wonderful week! -- Zuster Young me holding baby Skye...
Sister Jensen and I
Charlie!!
Transfer Day...
Then a Mormon family of Nederland... not a huge van or suburban but a ton of bikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment