Zuster Young

Zuster Young
Zuster is Dutch for "sister", which is a title used for female missionaries.

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Tots Ziens MTC

Week 5 P-day email...

"LAST P-DAY @ THE MTC!! WOOHOO!! Holy smokes y'all the time has come and we will be leaving for the Netherlands in just a couple of days. The time has flown by. This time next week I will be in Amsterdam. I'm so very nervous to be leaving and going to the field. This last week has been the best week here at the MTC. I hope and pray y'all had a great Thanksgiving. My Thanksgiving was very different yet wonderful. The Apostle David A. Bednar came and spoke for the devotional. It was truly an amazing experience. The food wasn't very good, but what do you expect when they have to feed so many. That night we got to watch Meet the Mormons, I encourage everyone to watch it. So powerful and a great insight to who we truly are. Plus I got some football in on Thanksgiving so I was pretty happy. I love that the temple is so close. We went for a walk up to the temple and there were members of a local Spanish ward handing out and Thanksgiving scriptures to us missionaries and thanked us for being missionaries, leaving everything and our families behind for this work. It brought me to tears and realized that I am doing the greatest work. And the significance of what I am doing. And I am thankful to be a missionary, a disciple and representative of Jezus Christus.

It is now the Christmas season and how wonderful is that? This is my favorite time of the year. I encourage everyone to go and watch the video here: http://www.mormon.org/christmas

I know that Christ lives and He is the gift. Everything we are and have is because of Him. I have never been so close to my Heavenly Father than I have since being here. He loves each of us individually and He is always there waiting for us to reach up to Him. I love you all and pray all is well. Sorry this is so short, have a ton of things to get done today, and have to start packing. I pray for you all everyday and I know the Lord is mindful of you. I love you! Have a great week. Next time you hear from me I will be in the Netherlands.

Love, Zuster Young"








No comments:

Post a Comment