Zuster Young

Zuster Young
Zuster is Dutch for "sister", which is a title used for female missionaries.

Monday, December 8, 2014

And she's off....

Today was full of mixed emotions and the brief opportunity to talk to our Zuster a little before she boarded the plane. Zuster Young had sent an email saying that she would call sometime today while travelling. While at work, anxiously waiting for a call, I received a text with this message:

"Sister Young, your daughter wanted me to send this picture to you. I catch the trax system into West Valley and when I got off the bus from Tooele, look at what a marvelous group of people I ran into!! Merry Christmas! Sister Anne Osborne"
Tender mercies from Sister Osborne

She called when they were waiting to board the plane at the Salt Lake airport. I so wish we could have gone and given her one more hug before she flew out. Hearing her voice on the phone made us both emotional. It took all I had to walk back into the classroom and continue teaching, All I wanted to do was quickly drive to the airport. Zuster Young made it safely to Seattle and then texted saying that they were boarded and ready to depart for Amsterdam. Please keep Zuster Young and the other missionaries in your prayers as they depart on this adventure.
Zuster Young and her companion at the SLC airport. 

No comments:

Post a Comment