Zuster Young

Zuster Young
Zuster is Dutch for "sister", which is a title used for female missionaries.

Monday, June 8, 2015

I´m Proud to be an American

Ladies and Gentlemen I don´t know if you heard the news... But for the first time in History the Verenigen Staten beat Nederland in a futbol match! 4 to 3! I saw the first goal made by a header from Nederland through someone´s window as we were walking home. Absolutely crazy... I am still a red and blue through and through American. So when I opened my call and found out where I was going, thinking I had to be humbled from the World Cup... well this weekend I was humbled. I love Nederland, their team is incredible and I will support them. But I can never back down from my team. Church was very exciting getting to talk to everyone about the game. Well now on to matters of why I actually came to Nederland... This week was full of hard work. What can I say, life of a missionary. The weather has also changed over night. From freezing to blazing hot and humid. One night we are in jackets and tights and the next people are out barely wearing anything at all! We have seen a lot of miracles this week... 2 new investigators, one investigator´s brother showed up half way through and wants to be there for the next lesson. Went langs de deur (knocking doors) and a younger woman let us in, we dropped a RAD and gave her a Book of Mormon. We are going back this week. Another young mom who we have been going and doing yard work for her, we finally had a lesson and gave her a Book of Mormon and we are going back tomorrow. It is amazing to the see such miracles. It has been hard work but these have been answers to prayers that the Lord sees how hard we are working. That we are trying so hard to just do what he wants us to do. The work is moving forward all in the Lord´s timing. So we must depend on him and do what he asks. I have been trying to change, change as a person, a disciple of Christ and become the missionary that the Lord wants me to become. So I have been studying a talk called The Fourth Missionary by lawerence Corbridge and it is amazing. All Heavenly Father wants from us is US. He just wants us to surrender our will to Him. And when we do that we feel power, we see blessings. `Everything that you ahve to give to the Lord has its origin in Him, except one thing:Your will. He does not have your heart nor your mind unless you give it to Him. It is the only gift you have to offer that He does not have and so when you give yourself, you truly give everything to Him.` I hope that I am giving him everything. That my offer is enough. I pray that each of you can feel Him in your life. To do eveything you can to feel his love in your life. Let him guide you, and you can never go wrong. I love you and miss you. -- Zuster Young P.S. Thanks for the sports updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment