Zuster Young

Zuster Young
Zuster is Dutch for "sister", which is a title used for female missionaries.

Monday, May 4, 2015

Walking Zombie

I don't even know where to begin! It has been a long week... KONINGSDAG- So in the Netherlands Koningsdag is a national holiday on the King's Birthday. It is absolutely Chaos. Our District went to Utrecht and set up a table with copies of the Book of Mormon (in every language we had), pamphlets, cards, and DVD's. We stopped people and talked to them, and even better was people came to us. You could really see those who were interested and curious. We gave out every copy of the Book of Mormon in Dutch we had brought as a District, all the Spanish BvM, and other languages as well. It was a cool experience. But this day is crazy... Everyone is drinking and smoking... and smoking weed b/c yes it is legal here. Our area actually was getting smoked out but the stoners behind us. Ah... it was just a one of a kind experience to say the least. Dinsdag- Went on exchanges in Utrecht and we had a dinner appointment with a woman from Oregon. She married a Dutchman. She made the most american meal I've had since being on my mission. It was a little tender mercy. So mom, Susan Jongedijk from Amerongen, Nederland wants to tell you "I fed your daughter, she is wonderful and looking great." Ring Conferentie (Stake Conference)- Ring Rotterdam got a new stake presidency so we had 2 Area Seventies (Elder Boom and Elder Texiria) here. The Stake Conference was absolutely beautiful. Zr. Fredrickson and I were asked to be in the Stake Choir. That was awesome. We sat up on the stand with the choir. As the closing song we sang "Abide With Me 'Tis Eventide" the first 2 verses were in English and then the last verse in Dutch. I wish you could have heard it, it was beautiful and it made me cry. I felt like I was back at Girls Camp and when we would sing the theme song all together. Just powerful. This week has been full of little miracles and sweet experiences. But I do not have the time to share everything. I just want to bear my testimony of the Book of Mormon. I started it from the beginning my first Transfer in the land and finished it yesterday. And reading it this time through my testimony of Joseph Smith grew tremendously. Never before have I noticed how much it talks about the Restoration and our Latter-day. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, that the accounts written there in actually happened, they were writing and experiencing all that they were for us. They set the example, Joseph Smith translated the book for us so we could follow their example. Learn from them and come Closer to God and his son Jesus Christ. I know this is the restored gospel of Jesus the Christ. He is at the helm of the church with Thomas S. Monson leading the way. No matter where you go in the world, it is the same. The priesthood is the same and blessing all within its reach. The tender sweet spirit as it's companion. I know God lives and he is mindful of us. He hears our prayers and watches our efforts. He has a plan and wants us to be happy. We can find that happiness and know the plan if we just open the Book of Mormon and read. Dat is mij getuigenis in de naam van Jezus Christus, Amen. Zuster Young

No comments:

Post a Comment