Zuster Young

Zuster Young
Zuster is Dutch for "sister", which is a title used for female missionaries.

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Supported Through and Through

This week has gone by really fast! I feel like a ton has happened, yet I do not even know where to begin. So I will share some highlights from this week: Mandag: District P-day- we went and climbed the tallest Bell Tower in Nederland. From the very top you can see all of the major cities...Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Almere, and Den Haag. It was beautiful! Put into perspective how small this country really is but I love it here. I love seeing these buildings that have been up for centuries and carries so much history in them. Woensdag: An investigator from Den Haag (Zr. Fredrickson's last city) came to Gouda and visited. We taught her a lesson and it was about the temples. With the inspiration from Zr. Robinson, we have decided to help our investigators "Stand in the Waters of Baptism facing the Temple." We want them to realize that when they are baptized they are willing to take on the name of Christ. (2 Nephi 31:13) This shows our commitment, our willingness to go and do. However it is when we go to the temple that we make sacred covenants and literally take on the name of Christ. As we look to the temple, and all its glory, beauty and power...think of what we can accomplish and gain from going to the temple; the step of baptism isn't so daunting. It is simply taking a step through the gate on your way to something greater. We have done that with another investigator and it is simply powerful. The spirit is so strong as he helps us know what to say and how to explain. I am thankful for the temple and even now, in all that I do, I face the temple. Later that night we went and played soccer with the Young Men. Gouda Wijk Young Men, the Elders, and then us the sisters... story of my life. haha But it was an absolute blast! Just playing futbol in Nederland. (: Donderdag: ZONE CONFERENCE! This conference was just marvelous. So in our mission President has started a project- "The Singing Elders". and it s 4 Elders who obviously sing... they go around the whole mission putting on performances in ward/branch buildings, members homes, and this has been a huge help in finding investigators and getting members to bring their friends who turn into investigators. They are incredible. The performance was just breathtaking and I was in tears. Dad, look up the song Ïn My Daughters Eyes. I just thought of you and loved it. This week has had its ups and downs... but hey I'm on a mission. It's not supposed to be easy. I love being out here. This week when it got hard, or I was about to fall over I was so tired I just prayed to Heavenly Father and asked him to help me. I need him to help me keep going. But once you're done praying you gotta do something about it... so we just kept working. And it is amazing to see that the energy and motivation just come and you just want to go knock a whole street! The Lord answers prayers. He is helping each of us. I love the wijk Gouda, they are outstanding members who just want to help us. Our Ward Mission Leader was a mad man and got us dinner appointments for the rest of the month! It was funny to watch. But It is is wonderful to be getting so much support from the wijk. Thank you all for your support and love! I pray you all are doing great and are happy. Tot zo, -- Zuster Young
"Four generations of Cute Zusters: Harris, Huber, Fredrickson and Young"

No comments:

Post a Comment