Zuster Young

Zuster Young
Zuster is Dutch for "sister", which is a title used for female missionaries.

Monday, August 10, 2015

Letting Go

Just a few things I want to share with you from this week: 1- Friday we took Aurora to the TEMPLE! Hopped on a train and headed to Zoetermeer. As we came out of a winkelcentrum the Temple slowly appeared from around the corner. The look on her face was worth a thousand words. We took pictures and walked around. We met a couple outside, he served his mission here 12 years ago and was back visiting with his wife. Still got good dutch. Well we went inside, sat in the waiting room till the temple president came. We just sat and soaked in the spirit. The president arrived, showed the Open House video. he talked to her, answered her questions. She was simply glowing and didn't want to leave. 2- MINA- Our newest investigator (Sukri's sister who I mentioned last week) Yesterday at church we sat down to teach her during ZHV (RS) and she pulled out a pen, notebook, her scriptures and a brand new triple, and her baptismal calendar! Just unbelievable! We taught the first lesson and she ate it up. Read the First vision out of JSHistory and immediate the spirit came flooding into the room, she instantly said she knew it was true. Mina is incredibly spiritual and has a lot of love. She broke down in tears and confided in us. She has a lot of serious health problems and is quitting smoking. She wants this. We met her 3 weeks ago and in that short time I have already seen her soften. 3- Lesson with Xander- (He has been an investigator for a year now, I think I've mentioned him) Anywho, on Thursday we had an appointment. What was interesting was, well I didn't talk much. I had so many questions and thoughts that I wanted to say, but there was another voice telling me to be still and let Romney talk. Which in all honesty made me nervous, because Romney is quite, and has told me repeatedly that she only speaks when she feels prompted to. So I was nervous, and had no idea where things were going. But Romney just spoke and clearly said things Xander needed to hear, because you could see the gears turning in his head....beautiful. At the end Romney stopped talking and looked at me, gave me that Romney look when she has nothing else to say and I need to do something. So I just shared a scripture Alma 34:8-16 and bore my testimony. While bearing my testimony I just spoke what came to mind and then the spirit hit me, tears came to my eyes and I realized that Heavenly Father was answering me, my own question. Even Xander, the highly intellectual man who asks a million questions, looked like he felt the spirit even if for a moment. I swear, I am learning more and being the one taught out here than I feel like I am doing in return. I want to share with you my testimony and experience from that lesson: A few months ago I prayed to Heavenly Father asking about a personal matter. Something a little left field of my missionary work, but something I needed His help and guidance with. Well deep down there was an answer I was looking for, but said I would accept His will. To my surprise I got the answer I wanted...in shock and not really 100% sure of it I went with it. Now it wasn't anything bad. Yet just recently after a few months, Heavenly Father has started stepping in again and showing me that His way is higher. In the most gentle and loving way he has shown me to truly trust Him. What I want may be good, even better, but He simply knows BEST. So I have let go of my way and wants and have handed them over. I know without a shadow of a doubt that He knows me. He knows these people. He knows you. He is in the details. Don't be afraid to let go of the reins. I hope y'all have a wonderful week! Love you and miss you! -- Zuster Young

No comments:

Post a Comment