Zuster Young

Zuster Young
Zuster is Dutch for "sister", which is a title used for female missionaries.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Week Two at the M.T.C.

Excerpt from second P-day e-mail:
"Yesterday I had an incredible experience with my teacher Sister Moses. We had to pray and then had 3 minutes to prepare a short lesson for our companion. (Pray for what they needed to hear.) Since there is 3 of us in a companionship I teamed up with my teacher. She is amazing. She talked to me about gifts from God. Told me of the qualities she has seen in me and then talked about how on our mission we want all the gifts but we don't. We have what the Lords wants us to have and not to worry. I want the gift of tongues but I have to work for it. *Plus she said it all in Dutch and I understood* Then I was nervous, she is my teacher. What could I say to her. So I prayed and I found a scripture read it, the the chorus of 'I am a Child of God' and bore my testimony to her that God is with her. That he is proud of her and everything she aspires to be, he aspires her to be. I don't remember all of what I said but she got teary eyed. Then she just unloaded and told me all sorts of things, got personal and I was able to talk and just help her. The spirit really was working and helped me know what to teach and then to understand what she was saying. (I did my bit in English ahaha) But seriously, by the end she as like "Wow, that was way personal and more information than you should know but the spirit took over and I trust you." It was awesome. I love being a missionary. This is the greatest thing ever!! I am so happy I am here. I am learning and growing. I miss you guys dearly. Give everyone my love and hugs and kisses!!
Leidfe,
Zuster Young
  




















No comments:

Post a Comment