Zuster Young

Zuster Young
Zuster is Dutch for "sister", which is a title used for female missionaries.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Imagine if...

Howdy from up north in Lelystad. I am not in Belgium anymore that is for sure. My new companion is Zr. Watts from Highland, Utah and she goes home at the end of this transfer. So we are going to work extra hard. The work up here in Lelystad is on fire, and we are always on the go. Biking all over the place, from one appointment to the other. We are the counselors in the Relief Society Presidency for the Lelystad Branch so it is fun to work so closely with the sisters and the entire branch. Lelystad is full of sweet people. I keep being reminded how much I am a Belgian, oh how I miss that place. But the Lord works in mysterious ways and for his purposes I am here. I just want to leave with you a short email and bear my testimony of the reason for the season. This week, as you all know is Christmas. My lovely sister made me an advent calender, which so many of you helped with. Every night I get to read your testimony and words of encouragement. Those words have helped me to realize what a special opportunity it is to be the Lord's servant and disciple this time of year. How special it is to have a day to celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. To be reminded of him. I know that He lives. I have spent so many hours in my own darkness, hours just pushing forward and no matter what, a Savior, my Redeemer is there to llight the way. I am still here and still have the strength to put one foot in front of the other because of Him. I know this is no eloquent or flattering form of words, I just hope and pray that you take the time to see his hand in your life. And especially at this CHristmas time, remember Him. Fijne Kerst! Ik hou van jullie! -- Zuster Young Transfer Day photos. I was at the Blue arrow and now at the Pink one

No comments:

Post a Comment